Welcome to Great falls Movers, we pride ourselves in being one of the most successful full service moving companys in Virginia, as well as a secure and reliable storage company. At Great falls Movers, we have a spectacular moving process which is put together to meet the specific needs of each of your everyday move. With our wide range of services we offer which includes providing short and long-distance moves, corporate relocation and storage solutions which based on our experience to give our customers 100% satisfaction.
Whether you need Residential, Commercial move, Great falls Movers has got you covered. Great falls Movers is family owned and operated Virginia moving company. For decades we have been providing the highest level of moving and storage services at affordable prices to the Commercial and Residential communities in Great falls area. We do whatever is necessary to deliver complete and customized residential and corporate relocation solutions. That’s why our customers refer us to their families, friends and neighbors looking for professional movers in the Great falls area. If you’re looking for a professional moving company or storage services in the Great falls area, look no further. At Great falls Movers, we will ensure that you get the best low rate in the industry; our award winning customer service serves all our customers with the highest quality service. Greatfalls Movers is unique because we take a flexible approach to every kind of moving requirement, we have an excellent reputation with our clients for being extremely reliable, dependable, courteous, always on time, with competitive rates, and with experienced, honest, hardworking, moving experts.
Great falls Movers Moving Tips FOR FREE ESTIMATE CALL (703)552-3140
3 weeks before Great falls Movers moving:
- Walk through your home/office space, (include the attic, garage, storage space etc.) to determine what items you will be shipping.
- Start setting aside any items you do not want to take with you. A couple of great ways to get rid of these items are to hold a garage sale or donate them to your local Goodwill or Salvation Army. Remember that reducing your shipment size will reduce your moving costs.
- Make a list of what you are bringing with you in your personal vehicle or suitcase.
- Figure out the replacement value of all your belongings for insurance purposes.
- Find out where to dispose of household chemicals like old paint, and start getting those items together so they can be disposed of properly prior to your move.
- If you’re moving out of state, make sure you find out about auto licensing and insurance
- If you’re moving in-state, make sure you schedule an appointment with the DMV so you can change your address on your driver’s license.
- If you’re moving out-of-state, be sure to check the requirements of your new location to determine their guidelines for obtaining a license in that state.
- If pertinent, make sure to notify your kids’ schools and have their records transferred to their new schools
- Make any necessary hotel and airline reservations
2 weeks before Great falls Movers moving:
- Go through all your belongings and make sure you return library books or any other borrowed items.
- Collect all the items you may have loaned out such as books, movies, etc.
- Contact your utility company and arrange for the gas, electric and other utilities to be disconnected.
- Don’t forget to make arrangements to connect utilities at your new place.
- Arrange to have any major appliances prepared for the move.
1 week before Great falls Movers moving:
- Get rid of all flammable or hazardous materials and make sure they are disposed of properly.
- Put aside anything that you are bringing with you in the car or plane.
- Close/transfer bank accounts (if switching banks) and order checks with your new address.
- Send out change of address cards to friends, relatives, neighbors, organizations, and so on.
- Arrange for removal of any “installed items” you’re bringing with you like a TV antenna or shelves.
- Pack a suitcase with the clothes and toiletries you’ll need the first day in your new home.
- Pack a special box with other essentials you’ll need for the first few days. (Make sure to mark this box “Do Not Move”).
Day before the Great falls Movers move:
- Make sure that all cable equipment has been returned.
- Take down curtains and curtain rods.
- Empty, defrost and clean your refrigerator. Make sure it has at least 24 hours to air dry.
- Clean and air your stove.
- Fill out an IRS change of address form.
- Pack your personal belongings.
- Get copies of your medical and dental records (if needed).
- Get copies of veterinary records (if needed).
Great falls Movers Moving Day:
- Collect all keys to anything that locks, and make sure you place them in a safe place.
- Take all the linens off you beds but leave them intact. We will dismantle them.
- Make sure you are home when the movers arrive, as you will need to sign an inventory.
- Walk around with the movers while they do the inventory.
- Make sure everything is ready for the move.
- It’s important to remember that you need to keep your signed bill of lading and inventory in an easily accessible place.
- Ensure the driver has the correct delivery address and phone number, and confirm the expected delivery time with the driver.
- Before you leave, do a final walk through of every room, making sure you check all closets and cabinets.